Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

First Update

This is the update e-mail I sent a few hours after the original one.

From: Michael

Sent : Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:33 PM

Subject : Oh my goodness.


Friends:

So, I sent you all an e-mail asking to shame a petty Saab driver by donating to the Red Cross.  I sent this e-mail at around 11:30 AM.  It is now 2:30, and I have pledges in the amount of:

$11,502.

Eleven thousand dollars in three hours.

This is the greatest thing ever.

More than fifty people have pledged money, with amounts from ten dollars to a thousand dollars.

I just wanted to give you an update.

If there are other people who hate pettiness and/or lawyers and/or pathetic insurance claims, please do forward the original e-mail to them, and have them e-mail me with a donation amount.  Please make it clear that there is no middle man here -- all they have to do is let me know the amount they will *eventually* donate, in Saab Guy's name, and then later I will contact them and give the go-ahead to give to the Red Cross.

Thank you all so much, and keep the shame dollars rolling in!

Love,

Mike



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?